Washington (13-15, 3-12) vs. Washington State (14-14, 5-10)
Friday, February 28th @ 6:00 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -9.5
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Marcus Tsohonis (6’3″, 5.3 ppg)
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 5.7 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.4 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 16.9 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.7 ppg)
G Marvin Cannon (6’5″, 4.2 ppg)
G Noah Williams (6’5″, 5.9 ppg)
G Jervae Robinson (6’2″, 5.3 ppg)
F CJ Elleby (6’6″, 18.6 ppg)
F Jeff Pollard (6’9″, 8.8 ppg)
The Washington Huskies finally got on the win column last weekend, which ended their losing streak at a shocking 9 consecutive games.
Tonight’s game will be televised on FS1, and the Huskies will need to ride that momentum to even the score with their cross-state rivals.
Washington came out and fired on all cylinders against the California Bears, during their 87-52 blowout victory, completely dominating in all facets of the game.
Washington State is currently 14-14 (5-10) on the season, and recently suffered a 75-57 defeat at home against the Stanford Cardinal, after going “ice cold” with their shooting at 32% from the field.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Washington will be honoring seniors Sam Timmins, Jason Crandall and Quin Barnard at Friday’s game
• Cal’s 11 made field goals were the fewest by a UW opponent since Feb. 7, 2014 when UW held San Diego State to just 11 made shots … additionally UW’s 35-point margin of victory was its largest in league play since a 38-point win at Oregon State on Feb. 16, 2008.
• Isaiah Stewart now owns the UW freshman records for blocks (61) and rebounds (239) … the rebound record he broke set by Mark Pope (234) was done almost 30 years ago (1991-92)
• In UW’s three Pac-12 wins, it has outscored their opponents by an average of 25.0 points … UW’s two 30-point conference wins mark the first time since 2010-11 that UW Has picked up two 30 point wins over P12 opponents
• Washington has out-rebounded its last three opponents including a six rebound margin over California
• Junior Nahziah Carter is now at 811 career points as he has the most points by anyone on the roster
• Over the last six games off the bench, McDaniels is averaging 12.3 points, 5.0 rebounds while shooting 41.3 percent from the field, 40.7 from 3 and 75.0 from the FT line
• Isaiah Stewart was named one of the Top 10 Finalists for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award and named to the Naismith Trophy Mid-season Watch List along with the Wooden Award Mid-season list
• After pulling his redshirt, freshman Marcus Tsohonis has averaged 9.8 points in six-straight starts scoring a career-high 19 points against Arizona State, following with 13 at WSU, adding five at UCLA and 11 against both Stanford and California … he is also averaging 2.3 assists in those outings
• UW has yet to let an opponent shoot higher than 50 percent from the field in 28 games … the Dawgs currently rank seventh nationally in FG percentage defense at 37.7 percent
• UW is averaging 6.3 blocks per game, which is second in the NCAA … UW led the country in blocks a year ago
• The Dawgs currently have 1,015 wins inside Alaska Airlines Arena. Washington’s 1,015 wins are the most by any Division I team at its current home arena
• UW is averaging 13.3 takeaways (blocks and steals) this season, which is the most combined average by any team in the Pac-12.
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Stewart recorded his eighth 20-point game of the season against No. 23 Colorado going 9-of-12 from the field and adding eight rebounds and four blocks
• Stewart recorded his fifth 20/10 double-double of the season against No. 8 Oregon as he pulled down a career-best 19 rebounds and added 25 points … the last player to have five 20/10 dub-dubs in a season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning who had six in 2010-11
• Stewart is second the Pac-12 with 11 double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are the second-most in the league behind Onyeka Okongwu (USC) … his 11 double-doubles are the second most by a freshman in the NCAA
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in four games this season, while UW opponents have yet to shoot above 50 percent in a game … UW has shot 50 percent or better in seven games this year.
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!