Washington (12-12, 2-9) vs. USC (17-7, 6-5)
Thursday, February 13th @ 6:00 p.m. PT
Galen Center (Los Angeles, CA)
Line: USC -2.5
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Marcus Tsohonis (6’3″, 7.2 ppg)
G Jamal Bey (6’5″, 5.5 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.8 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 17.4 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.8 ppg)
G Jonah Mathews (6’3″, 13.0 ppg)
G Daniel Utomi (6’6″, 7.3 ppg)
G Ethan Anderson (6’1″, 5.8 ppg)
F Onyeka Okongwu (6’9″, 16.4 ppg)
F Nick Rakocevic (6’11”, 11.1 ppg)
The Washington Huskies lost on the road in Pullman, Washington last weekend, which pushed their losing streak to a surprising six consecutive games.
Today’s game will be televised on ESPN2, and the Huskies will face an opponent who they hammered 72-40 earlier this season at Alaska Airlines Arena.
Washington came out and appeared flat against the Washington State Cougars, during their 79-67 defeat, as they were unable to get consistent scoring down the stretch.
USC is currently 17-7 (6-5) on the season, and recently suffered a 66-64 defeat on the road against the Arizona State Sun Devils, after blowing a 5-point lead with 2:22 left to play.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• After pulling his redshirt, freshman Marcus Tsohonis has averaged 16 points in two straight starts scoring a career-high 19 points against Arizona State and following with 13 at WSU
• Freshman Isaiah Stewart was named one of the Top 10 Finalists for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award … he is one of three freshmen and one of two players from the Pac-12 on the top 10 list.
• Stewart is six blocks away from setting the UW freshman record for blocks as he is at 49 .. the freshman record is held by Marquese Chriss who posted 55 in 2015-16
• Freshman RaeQuan Battle set a career-high with 14 points against Arizona in just 15 minutes of game action … he also tied his career-high with four made from long distance
• Battle has hit 10 from 3-point range in the last five games and is averaging 8.5 points over those outings
• UW has recorded 10 or more 3’s in two of its last four games with 11 at No. 23 Colorado and then followed with 14 against Arizona … the 14 are the most in a game since Dec. 19, 2017 (Bethune Cookman) when UW connected on 15 from 3
• UW is currently fifth in the country in blocks with 6.3 per game … UW led the nation in blocks a year ago
• UW is averaging 13.5 takeaways (blocks and steals) this season, which is the most combined average by any team in the Pac-12.
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Stewart recorded his eighth 20-point game of the season against No. 23 Colorado going 9-of-12 from the field and adding eight rebounds and four blocks
• The freshmen guard combo of Marcus Tsohonis and RaeQuan Battle, who had each played an average of less than six minutes per game prior to Oregon State, then combined for 42 points, eight rebounds, seven assists and just five turnovers in a combined 102 minutes of action against the Oregon schools…. the two had played 56 combined minutes prior to the Oregon weekend
• Stewart recorded his fifth 20/10 double-double of the season against No. 8 Oregon as he pulled down a career-best 19 rebounds and added 25 points … the last player to have five 20/10 dub-dubs in a season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning who had six in 2010-11
• Stewart leads the Pac-12 with nine double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are the second-most in the league behind Onyeka Okongwu (USC) … additionally his nine double-doubles are the second most by a freshman in the NCAA
• Stewart is one of two freshmen in the country averaging 17 points and eight rebounds per game (joining Vernon Carey, Jr., Duke) … additionally he is the third leading freshman scorer in the NCAA averaging 17.4 points per game
• UW is 11th nationally in field goal percentage defense holding teams to 37.8 percent per outing which also leads the Pac-12
• With his 18 points at Washington State, Nahziah Carter is now at 771 career points
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in three games this season, up until the game at Stanford, it was the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs had shot over 40 percent in first 15 games
• Stewart was selected to the narrowed down Wooden Award Top 25 Midseason List
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6
#1 Washington Huskies Adidas Swingman Basketball Jersey – Purple
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!