Washington (10-4, 0-1) vs. USC (12-2, 1-0)
Sunday, January 5th @ 7:00 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -5.0
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 11.4 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 13.6 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 19.6 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.5 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.1 ppg)
G Ethan Anderson (6’1″, 5.0 ppg)
G Elijah Weaver (6’6″, 6.8 ppg)
G Jonah Mathews (6’3″, 12.2 ppg)
F Onyeka Okongwu (6’9″, 18.4 ppg)
F Nick Rakocevic (6’11”, 11.8 ppg)
The Washington Huskies began their Pac-12 conference schedule earlier this week, with a game at home at Alaska Airlines Arena.
Tonight’s game will be televised on FS1, and the Huskies will look to rebound with a victory at home and end a two-game losing streak.
Washington came out extremely flat and unfocused during their 66-64 loss against the UCLA Bruins, in a game where the Huskies slow start dug them an early hole.
USC is currently 12-2 (1-0) on the season, and recently won 65-56 at home, against the Washington State Cougars, after using suffocating defense to shut down the Cougars.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• UW has yet to shoot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game this season, making that the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs have done so over its first 14 games
• The last Husky to post at least five 20pt/10reb double-doubles in the same season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning in 2010-11 (six) … Isaiah Stewart has four already this season in just 14 games … Noah Dickerson had four as a senior
• Freshman Isaiah Stewart is \the only freshman and one of three players nationally averaging 19 points, 9 rebounds while shooting at least 60 percent from the field, joining Yoeli Childs (BYU – SR) and Daniel Oturu (Minnesota – SO)
• Stewart is one of two players nationally and the only freshman who have recorded at least two 25p/13r double-doubles (Tyere Marshall, Rider, SR)
• Stewart’s is the nation’s leading freshman scorer at 19.6 points per game
• Stewart is also averaging 24.2 points and 11.0 rebounds over the last five games
• UW is 38-7 at home under head coach Mike Hopkins … the last time UW recorded just seven home losses during three years was 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 … Washington also has 1,012 wins inside AAA, which is the most inside any team’s current arena in the nation
• Stewart picked up his third Pac-12 Player of the Week honor on Dec. 30 as he averaged 25.5 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games for the Huskies
• UW is currently 10th in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.2 over 14 games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category
• Between McDaniels and Stewart, the freshman duo is accounting for 531 of UW’s 968 season points which comes in at 54.8 percent between points and assists
• Quade Green is averaging 5.3 assists per game and has dished out at least six dimes, eight times this season
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Attendance through UW’s eight home games (8,123 average) is up by over 1,500 from the first nine home games last season (6,563) … UW’s home attendance ranks fourth in the Pac-12
• Junior Nahziah Carter reached 600 career points against Seattle U and is now at 655
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Green and freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!