#20 Washington (2-0, 0-0) vs. Tennessee (2-0, 0-0)
Saturday, November 16th @ 2:00 p.m. PT
Scotiabank Arena (Toronto, Canada)
Line: Tennessee -2.0
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 3.5 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 18.5 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 15.5 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 11.5 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 7.5 ppg)
G Lamonte Turner (6’2″, 11.0 ppg)
G Jordan Bowden (6’5″, 18.0 ppg)
G Josiah-Jordan James (6’6″, 3.5 ppg)
G/F Yves Pons (6’6″, 17.0 ppg)
F John Fulkerson (6’9″, 9.5 ppg)
The Washington Huskies will head on the road to Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada to face the Tennessee Volunteers at the Naismith Hall of Fame Classic.
The game will be televised on the ESPN+ network and the Huskies will look to play much better than they did at home earlier this week.
In the end, the Huskies won 56-46 against the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, despite struggling to find its rhythm and playing flat all game.
Tennessee is currently 2-0 on the season, and recently beat Murray State 82-63 at home, extending its nation leading home winning streak to 28 games.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Washington currently leads the NCAA in blocks, averaging 11.0 over two games.
• UW has assisted 33 of its 46 made baskets in two games, averaging 16.5 assists per game.
• All five UW starters (McDaniels, Stewart, Carter, Wright and Green) have pulled down at least six rebounds in a game this season.
• Coach Hopkins notched win No. 50 at UW with UW’s victory over Mount St. Mary’s, becoming the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history; just behind Tippy Dye, who reached 50 wins in his first 62 games (1951-53).
• Washington has seven players listed at 6’9″ or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12.
• Junior Nahziah Cater hit 500 career points following his 15-point night against Mount St. Mary’s; he now sits at 502 career points.
• Freshmen Isaiah Stewart and Jaden McDaniels accounted for 45 of UW’s 67 points against Baylor, between points and assists.
• Washington had two freshmen reach double-figure scoring in their debut, for the first time since the 2010-11 season, with Jaden McDaniels (18) and Isaiah Stewart (15)…the last time this happened in a debut was by Aziz N’Diaye (13) and C.J. Wilcox (13) against McNeese State, Nov. 13, 2010.
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry…those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season.
• Freshmen Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list.
• During the Huskies’ trip to Italy, freshman Isaiah Stewart averaged 19.5 points and 10.5 rebounds over four games against Italian Series A teams.
•The Dawgs have three players on their roster that have been McDonald’s All-Americans (Stewart, Green, McDaniels), along with all three being ranked in the top 25 in their respective recruiting class nationally.
• The Huskies once again hit the road during non-conference play, traveling over 12,000 miles to Alaska, Toronto and Hawaii combined.
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8).
• UW’s 48 wins in two years, during its back-to-back 20-win seasons, are its most in two years combined, since the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year, becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job…he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12.
#1 Washington Huskies Adidas Swingman Basketball Jersey – Purple
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!