#22 Washington (5-1, 0-0) vs. South Dakota (6-2, 0-0)
Monday, December 2nd @ 7:30 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -13.0
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 7.2 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 15.3 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 17.3 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.8 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.7 ppg)
G Stanley Umude (6’6″, 16.4 ppg)
G Cody Kelley (5’11”, 10.1 ppg)
G Tyler Peterson (6’4″, 8.6 ppg)
G Kruz Perrot-Hunt (6’3″, 0.9 ppg)
F Tyler Hagedorn (6’10”, 18.9 ppg)
The Washington Huskies will play their first game of the week at Alaska Airlines Arena, with a three-game slate on tap over the next seven days.
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks, and the Huskies will look to build off their offensive breakout performance last game.
The Huskies won 88-69 against the San Diego Toreros, while showing everyone a glimpse of their scary potential this season.
South Dakota is currently 6-2 on the season, and recently lost to Northern Arizona 76-72 on the road, while being outscored 14-2 in the final four minutes.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• The UW record for assists in a single-game is 15 set by Chester Dorsey vs. UCLA, 1/9/75 or 2/22/75.
• Washington had two freshmen reach 20 points or more against San Diego (Stewart-25, McDaniels-20), which marked the first time two freshmen have done so since Dejounte Murray (30) and Marquese Chriss (27) did so against LBSU in the NIT on March 15, 2016.
• Attendance through UW’s four home games (8,115 average) is up by almost two thousand from last season (6,132) while its scoring margin over the first six games (+9.2) is its highest since the start of the 2016-17 season (+12.3).
• Washington is currently sixth in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.7 over six games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category.
• Carter recorded his first career double-double against Tennessee with 18 points and a career-best 12 rebounds.
• Three Huskies are averaging over six rebounds this season through four games … Stewart is at 7.3 rpg while Carter and McDaniels are at 6.0 rpg … additionally, Quade Green is pulling down 3.5 while Hameir Wright is at 3.3.
• UW has assisted 89 of its 152 made baskets in six games, averaging 14.8 assists per game.
• All five UW starters (McDaniels, Stewart, Carter, Wright and Green) have pulled down at least six rebounds in a game this season.
• Coach Hopkins notched win No. 50 at UW with UW’s victory over Mount St. Mary’s, becoming the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history, just behind Tippy Dye who reached 50 wins in his first 62 games (1951-53).
• Washington has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12.
• Junior Nahziah Cater hit 500 career points following his 15-point night against Mount St. Mary’s … and now sits at 557 career points.
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season.
• Freshmen Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list.
•The Dawgs have three players on their roster that have been McDonald’s All-Americans (Stewart, Green, McDaniels), along with all three being ranked in the top 25 in their respective recruiting class nationally.
• The Huskies once again hit the road during non-conference play traveling over 12,000 miles to Alaska, Toronto and Hawaii combined.
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8).
• UW 48 wins in two years during its back-to-back 20-win seasons are its most in two years combined since the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12.
CYBER MONDAY SALE! Use PROMO CODE: MONDAY and save $24.00 off your jersey. Ends Monday 11:59 pm EST! Free Shipping!
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!