#22 Washington (7-2, 0-0) vs. Seattle University (6-5, 0-0)
Tuesday, December 17th @ 8:00 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -16.0
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 9.6 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 14.7 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 17.0 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 15.0 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.2 ppg)
G Delante Jones (6’5″, 8.4 ppg)
G Terrell Brown (6’1″, 20.9 ppg)
G Morgan Means (6’3″, 9.9 ppg)
G Riley Grigsby (6’6″, 6.6 ppg)
F Myles Carter (6’19”, 11.1 ppg)
The Washington Huskies will play their final non-conference home game at Alaska Airlines Arena, against a familiar cross-city opponent.
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks, and the Huskies will look to continue their dominance in this city rivalry.
The Huskies recently lost 83-76 against the Gonzaga Bulldogs, despite being in position to “get over the hump” and pull off the upset.
Seattle University is currently 6-5 on the season, and recently won 73-71 against the University of Portland at home, while hitting some clutch free throws down the stretch.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• UW is 37-6 at home under head coach Mike Hopkins … the last time UW recorded just six home losses during three years was 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 … but having just six losses in 43 games inside Alaska Airlines Arena is the best since a stretch of 43 home games from 2004-05 to 2006-07 when UW lost just twice
• Between McDaniels and Stewart, the freshman duo is accounting for 356 of UW’s 659 season points which comes in at 54.0 percent between points and assists
• Stewart’s 21 point/10 rebound effort against No. 9 Gonzaga was the first 20/10 double double by a UW freshman since Markelle Fultz had 25/10 at Gonzaga on Dec. 7, 2016
• Following three games at home including No. 9 Gonzaga, freshman Isaiah Stewart was named Pac-12 Player of the Week as he averaged 16.3 points and 10.3 rebounds in just 29.7 minutes per outing … he shot 56 percent from the field (14-of-25) and knocked down 21-of-26 from the FT line (80.8 percent) while adding four blocks.
• Quade Green is averaging 5.2 assists per game and has dished out at least six dimes, five times this season
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• UW had two freshmen reach 20 points or more against San Diego (Stewart-25, McDaniels-20), which marked the first time two freshmen have done so since Dejounte Murray (30) and Marquese Chriss (27) did against LBSU in the NIT on March 15, 2016 … additionally, UW joins Duke as the only two programs to have two freshmen score 20 points in the same game this season
• Attendance through UW’s seven home games (8,046 average) is up by over one thousand from the first seven home games last season (6,169)
• UW is currently tied for 11th in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.2 over nine games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category
• Carter and Wright both reached 200 career rebounds against Gonzaga as Wright is now at 202 and Carter is at 203 … Carter’s rebounding per game is up to 6.4 from 2.4 a year ago
• Junior Nahziah Cater is just three points away from 600 career points as he sits at 597 career points
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Green and freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
#1 Washington Huskies Adidas Swingman Basketball Jersey – Purple
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!