Washington (2-2, 1-0) vs. Oregon State (3-1, 1-0)
Saturday, October 2nd @ 6:00 p.m. PT
Reser Stadium (Corvallis, Oregon)
Line: Oregon State -1.5
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: Seattle Sports Radio 950 KJR
During their last game, the Huskies showed grit and determination in their first conference game of the season. It resulted in a hard-fought overtime 31-24 victory against the California Bears at Husky Stadium.
This week, the Huskies are facing an opponent who has recently won three games in a row and sports the top offense in the conference. So far this season, Oregon State is 3-1, on the season, after an impressive 45-27 road victory versus USC last weekend at the Coliseum.
Defensively, the Huskies will have to find a way to stop the run and not allow the Beavers to control the tempo of the game on offense.
Offensively, the Beavers will look to control the game with their ground and pound approach, while putting up points on the scoreboard.
Something has to give, in this contest between the Huskies defense and the high octane Beavers offense under the lights!
KEY PLAYERS: WASHINGTON
QB – Dylan Morris
ILB – Edefuan Ulofoshio
WR – Jalen McMillan
KEY PLAYERS: OREGON STATE
QB – Chance Nolan
RB – B.J. Baylor
ILB – Avery Roberts
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
– Washington holds a 67-34-4 record in the all-time series against Oregon State, having won nine in a row, 25 of the last 33 meetings, and 35 of the last 44, dating back to 1975. The series against the Beavers is the second-longest (to Stanford) active series in Washington football history in terms of years and third-longest in terms of total meetings (to Oregon and WSU).
– Washington enters the game having won two in a row, most recently a 31-24, overtime victory over California last Saturday in Seattle.
– Redshirt freshman QB Dylan Morris leads the Pac-12 in passing yards and passing yards per game
– The Beavers have won three straight, including their first win at USC since 1960, which they pulled off last Saturday.
– The Beavers’ total offense (473.3 ypg) leads the Pac-12. Its rushing offense is also No. 1 in the conference, averaging 225.75 yards per game. OSU is 17th nationally.
– OSU’s rushing defense, meanwhile, is allowing 89.25 yards per game, second only to UCLA (63.75 ypg) in the Pac-12.
Jeff Wright (3-1)
The Huskies are riding a two-game winning streak momentum heading into Corvallis. On the other side, the Beavers have settled in and looked very impressive in their 45-27 road victory over the USC Trojans last weekend. Former Washington offensive coordinator and current Oregon State head coach Jonathan Smith has the Beavers offense working very efficiently right now. They are running the football effectively right now and stopping the run has been an issue for part of the season so far for the Husky defense. There are huge question marks for the Huskies going into this game on the injury and Covid-19 protocol front. I think the Huskies grind and battle throughout the entire game but in the end, the Beavers do just enough in front of their home fans to seal the deal!
Oregon State 31 – Washington 27
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free AND 65% OFF SITEWIDE with code: RAKE
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!