Washington (12-6, 2-3) vs. #8 Oregon (14-4, 3-2)
Saturday, January 18th @ 12:45 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Oregon -2.0
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 6.1 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 13.0 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 17.9 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.5 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.1 ppg)
G Payton Pritchard (6’2″, 19.4 ppg)
G Chris Duarte (6’6″, 13.1 ppg)
G Anthony Mathis (6’4″, 9.0 ppg)
F Shakur Juiston (6’7″, 7.9 ppg)
F Francis Okoro (6’9″, 4.1 ppg)
The Washington Huskies responded in grand fashion with a victory the other night by using stifling defense and timely shooting from the perimeter.
Today’s game will be televised on CBS, and the Huskies will need to build off that momentum against their rivals from the South.
Washington came out to a fast start against the Oregon State Beavers, during their impressive 64-56 victory, in a game where the Huskies true freshmen stole the spotlight.
Oregon is currently 14-4 (3-2) on the season, recently suffering a 72-61 upset defeat on the road against the Washington State Cougars, after surrendering 11 three-pointers on defense.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Head Coach Mike Hopkins picked up win No. 60 as head coach with Thursday’s win over Oregon State… he was the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history
• UW is 40-7 at home under head coach Mike Hopkins … the last time UW recorded just seven home losses during three years was 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 … Washington also has 1,014 wins inside AAA, which is the most inside any team’s current arena in the nation
• Freshman RaeQuan Battle scored a career-high 11 points to spark UW’s offense in Thursday’s win, doing so on 4-of-6 shooting, including a trio of first-half 3-pointers in his first-career start.
• UW’s 32-point victory over USC was its biggest conference win since a 15-point win at California on Feb,. 10, 2011 (109-77 at home).
• The Huskies tallied 26 takeaways against USC swatting 12 blocks (which is 10th nationally for a single game) and 14 steals .. it’s the most combined takeaways for a Husky team since Dec. 19, 2017 when UW recorded 16 steals and 15 blocks against Bethune Cookman
• Isaiah Stewart’s streak of consecutive games scoring 12 or more points came to an end at Stanford as he posted four points and five rebounds … had was the first Husky to open their season with 15-straight games of 12 points or more since C.J. Wilcox did so in 2013-14 (18-straight games) …Markelle Fultz also had a streak of 18 games during his freshman year where he did not score fewer than 12 points
• The last Husky to post at least five 20pt/10reb double-doubles in the same season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning in 2010-11 (six) … Isaiah Stewarthas four already this season in just 17 games … Noah Dickerson had four as a senior
• Stewart is one of two players nationally and the only freshman who have recorded at least two 25p/13r double-doubles (Tyere Marshall, Rider, SR)
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6 as he averaged 21.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games for the Huskies
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Green and freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!