Per The University of Washington Press Release…..
UW concludes the regular season at home and will honor its four seniors on Saturday as it faces Oregon at 7 p.m. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN with Dave Pasch and Bill Walton on the call. Additionally, fans can listen to Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast on KOMO 1000 AM/97.7 FM. This will be the 306th meeting between the two programs after Washington took the first game in Eugene last month.The Coach – Mike Hopkins (45-19)
Mike Hopkins is in his second year at UW, and second as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. After spending 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, he oversaw teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. In his first year at UW, Hopkins earned the 2018 Pac-12 Coach of the Year Award while leading the Huskies to a 21-13 record ending in the second round of the NIT.Senior Night
• Washington will honor its four seniors, David Crisp, Noah Dickerson, Dominic Green and Matisse Thybulle on Saturday pregame starting at the 15 minute mark on the game clock. The Huskies will also recognize three student managers during that time.
• The four seniors have combined to play in 508 career games with 343 starts, while scoring a total of 4,811 points in 13,298 minutes … they’ve also pulled down 1,910 rebounds and registered 73 wins.Quick Hitters
• Washington now has 15 Pac-12 Conference wins on the season, its most since the 1983-84 season … UW also reached 15 conference wins in 1952-52 and 1943-44
• UW has won the Pac-12 Regular Season Championship and clinched the No. 1 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament
• Thybulle, a semifinalist for Naismith Defensive Player of the Year, broke the UW single-season record in steals, that he set a year ago, as he now has 105 on the year … in Pac-12 history, he is the only player to record two 100-steal seasons … the single-season steals record in the league is 110, set by Jason Kidd (1992-93) … he also leads the NCAA at 3.5 per game.
• UW has four 1,000 point scorers on its roster at the same time for the first time in program history … Dickerson (1,550), Crisp (1,454), Thybulle (1,204) and Nowell (1,033) … UW is the only team in the nation with four 1K scorers that have reached those points at their current school (no transfers), Nevada has seven 1K scorers on its roster with only one scoring all 1,000 points at Nevada
• Nowell is the fastest player in UW history to reach 600 (38 gms), 700 (43), 800 (50), 900 (56) and 1,000 points (62)
• Washington has had a different leading scorer for eight straight games with five different players leading the team in that span (order of leading scorers: Crisp/Dickerson (OSU), Nowell (STAN), Crisp (CAL), Thybulle (COLO), Carter (UTAH), Nowell (WSU), Dickerson (ASU), Crisp (ARIZ)
• Nowell has led the team in rebounding in 10 times this year and has seen his rebounding numbers jump to 5.5 per game from 4.0 a year ago … in league action he is averaging 6.2 rebounds
• Nowell’s three-point % has also seen a rise as he is shooting 48.8 from long distance in Pac-12 action
• Thybulle is the only player since 1992-93 to record both at least 100 steals and 60 blocks in the same season (via SportsReference).
• Dickerson’s 5 rebounds at Stanford pushed him to 900 career boards … he is now just the sixth player at UW to post 1,500 points and 900 rebounds in their career
• Washington ranks 19th in the nation in turnovers forced per game, averaging 16.2 per outing
• UW is holding opponents to just 64.3 points per game overall which is ranked 28th in the NCAA
• Hopkins has led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons in his first two years … the last UW coach to record 20 wins in their first two seasons was Tippy Dye (1951-52, 1952-53)
• UW is the only Pac-12 team that is undefeated at home, boasting a 15-0 mark in Alaska Airlines Arena, additionally, the Huskies have 1,005 program wins in Hec Ed, the most by any Division I school at its current arena in the nation … UW last went undefeated at home for a full season during the 2004-05 campaign
• UW has recorded seven conference road wins and hold a 7-1 mark on the road in league action … UW last had seven road wins in conference play during the 1956-57 season
• Thybulle is the only active player in Division I to be in the top 25 career rankings in both steals (1st – 310) and blocks (23rd – 172)
• Nowell was selected as one of 10 finalists for the Naismith Jerry West Shooting Guard of the Year Award