#25 Washington (2-1, 0-0) vs. Maine (1-2, 0-0)
Tuesday, November 19th @ 8:00 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -22.5
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 5.7 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 18.3 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 15.0 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 12.7 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.0 ppg)
G Sergio El Darwich (6’4″, 17.0 ppg)
G Mykhailo Yagodin (6’5″, 8.0 ppg)
F Nedeljko Prijovic (6’8″, 9.3 ppg)
F Vilgot Larsson (6’8″, 9.3 ppg)
F Andrew Fleming (6’7″, 20.3 ppg)
The Washington Huskies will return home to Alaska Airlines Arena after suffering their first defeat of the season, at the Naismith Hall of Fame Classic.
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks and the Huskies will look to get back on the winning side of things this week.
While struggling to find an offensive rhythm and battling shooting woes, the Huskies lost 75-62 against the Tennessee Volunteers.
Maine is currently 1-2 on the season, and recently lost to the University of Portland 71-62 on the road, after going 7 for 14 from the free throw line.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• UW had four double-digit scorers against the Vols in Carter (18), McDaniels (15), Stewart (14) and Green (10).
• Carter also recorded his first career double-double with 18 points and a career-best 12 rebounds.
• Carter is one of three players in the Pac-12 that’s averaging at least 18 points (18.3) and 7 rebounds (7.3) … Timmy Allen (Utah) joins him averaging 22.7 points and 8.3 rebounds while Tres Tinkle (Oregon St.) is at 21.5 points and 10 rebounds.
• Three Washington Huskies are averaging over seven rebounds this season through three games … Carter and Stewart at 7.3 rpg and McDaniels with 7.0 rpg … additionally, Hameir Wright is pulling down 4.0 rpg.
• UW has assisted 33 of its 46 made baskets in two games, averaging 16.5 assists per game.
• All five UW starters (McDaniels, Stewart, Carter, Wright and Green) have pulled down at least six rebounds in a game this season.
• Coach Hopkins notched win No. 50 at UW with UW’s victory over Mount St. Mary’s, becoming the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history, just behind Tippy Dye who reached 50 wins in his first 62 games (1951-53).
• Washington has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12.
• Junior Nahziah Cater hit 500 career points following his 15-point night against Mount St. Mary’s … and now sits at 520 career points.
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season.
• Freshmen Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list.
•The Dawgs have three players on their roster that have been McDonald’s All-Americans (Stewart, Green, McDaniels), along with all three being ranked in the top 25 in their respective recruiting class nationally.
• The Huskies once again hit the road during non-conference play traveling over 12,000 miles to Alaska, Toronto and Hawaii combined.
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8).
• UW 48 wins in two years during its back-to-back 20-win seasons are its most in two years combined since the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12.
Shop Now and Save! Use PROMO CODE: FREESHIP and save $20.00 off your jersey. SALE ENDS WEDNESDAY 11:59 PM EST! Free Shipping!
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!