#22 Washington (9-2, 0-0) vs. Hawai’i (8-3, 0-0)
Monday, December 23rd @ 8:00 p.m. PT
Stan Sheriff Center (Honolulu, HI)
Line: Washington -6.5
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 11.5 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 13.5 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 18.1 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 15.2 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.5 ppg)
G Eddie Stansberry (6’3″, 18.5 ppg)
G Drew Buggs (6’3″, 10.7 ppg)
G/F Samuta Avea (6’6″, 11.5 ppg)
F Zigmars Raimo (6’9″, 9.3 ppg)
C Dawson Carper (7’0″, 6.5 ppg)
The Washington Huskies traveled to the tropical paradise of Honolulu, Hawaii this holiday season to compete in the Diamond Head Classic tournament.
Tonight’s game will be televised on ESPN2, and the Huskies will look to improve upon their impressive performance from last night.
Washington marched onto the court and won 85-64 against the Ball State Cardinals, in a game where they blew the game wide open in the second half.
Hawai’i is currently 8-3 on the season, and last night they won 67-63 against the Utep Miners, while being the host team of the tournament. The Rainbow Warriors trailed by as many as 9 points in the second half.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• This trip will be UW’s longest of the non-conference season, travelling 5,354 roundtrip miles for the Diamond Head Classic … following this trip, the Huskies will have travelled just under 30,000 miles since August (29,713) between trips to Italy, Fort Worth, Anchorage, Toronto and now Honolulu.
•UW freshman Isaiah Stewart is one of just three freshmen nationally to be averaging 18 points, at least 8 rebounds in 30 minutes a game joining USC’s Onyeka Okongwu and Duke’s Vernon Carey, Jr. … additionally just four players total nationally meet the same criteria
• UW is currently second in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.5 over 11 games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category
• Over the last four games, Quade Green is averaging 18.8 points, 6.3 assists while shooting 65.8 percent from the field, 63.2 percent from 3-point range and 81.3 percent from the charity stripe
• Green’s 21 points tied his career high set against East Tennessee State on Nov. 17, 2017 when he played at Kentucky
• Washington made a season-high 11 from 3-point range against Ball State
• Between McDaniels and Stewart, the freshman duo is accounting for 455 of UW’s 825 season points which comes in at 55.1 percent between points and assists
• Stewart has yet to score less than 10 points in a game and has posted three-straight double-doubles
• Stewart’s back-to-back 20-point/10-rebound double-doubles make him the first Husky overall and first Husky freshman since Markelle Fultz in 2016-17 to have back-to-back 20p/10r games
• Washington shot a season-best 58.3 percent from the field against Seattle U including a 69.2 percent mark during the second half
• Quade Green is averaging 5.1 assists per game and has dished out at least six dimes, six times this season
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Attendance through UW’s eight home games (8,011 average) is up by over 1,500 from the first eight home games last season (6,402) … UW’s home attendance ranks third in the Pac-12
• Junior Nahziah Cater reached 600 career points against Seattle U and is now at 615
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Green and freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
#1 Washington Huskies Adidas Swingman Basketball Jersey – Purple
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!