Washington (11-5, 1-2) vs. California (7-8, 1-1)
Saturday, January 11th @ 5:00 p.m. PT
Haas Pavilion (Berkeley, CA)
Line: Washington -6.5
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Elijah Hardy (6’2″, 0.9 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 13.4 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 18.5 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.6 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 4.9 ppg)
G Matt Bradley (6’4″, 18.4 ppg)
G Joel Brown (6’2″, 3.0 ppg)
G Kareem South (6’3″, 10.2 ppg)
F Grant Anticevich (6’8″, 9.0 ppg)
F/C Lars Thiemann (7’0″, 3.3 ppg)
The Washington Huskies began their Pac-12 conference road schedule this week in the Bay Area, looking for a sweep on the trip.
Tonight’s game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks, and the Huskies will need to end their trip with a victory before heading back to Seattle.
Washington came out and squandered a 12-point lead against the Cardinal during their frustrating 61-55 defeat, in a game where the Huskies lost their poise down the stretch.
California is currently 7-8 (1-1) on the season, recently winning 73-66 at home against the Washington State Cougars, while shooting 51% from the field.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Freshman Jaden McDaniels had a career night as he posted his first double-double with 18 points and a career-best 15 rebounds against Stanford
• McDaniels joins fellow freshman Isaiah Stewart in recording 15 or more rebounds this season
• The last time UW had two players record 15 or more rebounds in a game during the same season was 2012-13 … this season Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart have both recorded at least 15 rebounds in a single game
• Washington posted its biggest rebounding margin of the season against Stanford, owning a 46-32 advantage
• UW’s 32-point victory over USC was its biggest conference win since a 15-point win at California on Feb,. 10, 2011 (109-77 at home).
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in one game this season, up until Thursday’s game at Stanford, it was the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs had shot over 40 percent in its first 15 games
• The Huskies tallied 26 takeaways against USC swatting 12 blocks (which is 10th nationally for a single game) and 14 steals .. it’s the most combined takeaways for a Husky team since Dec. 19, 2017 when UW recorded 16 steals and 15 blocks against Bethune Cookman
• Isaiah Stewart’s streak of consecutive games scoring 12 or more points came to an end at Stanford as he posted four points and five rebounds … had was the first Husky to open their season with 15-straight games of 12 points or more since C.J. Wilcox did so in 2013-14 (18-straight games) …Markelle Fultz also had a streak of 18 games during his freshman year where he did not score fewer than 12 points
• The last Husky to post at least five 20pt/10reb double-doubles in the same season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning in 2010-11 (six) … Isaiah Stewart has four already this season in just 16 games … Noah Dickerson had four as a senior
• Stewart is one of two players nationally and the only freshman who have recorded at least two 25p/13r double-doubles (Tyere Marshall, Rider, SR)
• Stewart is the nation’s second-leading freshman scorer at 18.5 points per game behind Georgia’s Anthony Edwards (18.7 ppg)
• Head Coach Mike Hopkins is just one win away from #60 as Husky … he was the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history
• UW is 39-7 at home under head coach Mike Hopkins … the last time UW recorded just seven home losses during three years was 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 … Washington also has 1,013 wins inside AAA, which is the most inside any team’s current arena in the nation
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6 as he averaged 21.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games for the Huskies
• UW is currently sixth in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.5 over 16 games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Junior Nahziah Carter reached 600 career points against Seattle U and is now at 664
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!