Washington (0-2, 0-0) vs. Arkansas State (1-1, 0-0)
Saturday, September 18th @ 1:15 p.m. PT
Husky Stadium (Seattle, Washington)
Line: Washington -17.0
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: Seattle Sports Radio 950 KJR
During their last game, the Huskies’ offense struggled to move the chains and put points on the board during their 31-10 blowout loss to the Michigan Wolverines in Ann Arbor.
This week, the Huskies are facing an opponent who recently lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 55-50 at home. So far this season, Arkansas State is 1-1 on the season and feature a dual-threat quarterback system.
Defensively, the Huskies will have to find a way to come up with their first turnovers of the season and help the offense with good field position.
Offensively, the Wolverines will look to continue putting up big points on the scoreboard, as they have put up 90 points in two games so far.
Something has to give, in this contest between the desperate Huskies and the high octane Red Wolves offense.
KEY PLAYERS: WASHINGTON
QB – Dylan Morris
ILB – Edefuan Ulofoshio
TE – Cade Otton
KEY PLAYERS: ARKANSAS STATE
QB – James Blackman
QB – Layne Hatcher
DL – Kivon Bennett
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
– The game is the first-ever between the two programs. It will also be just the second time the UW has faced any of the 10 current members of the Sun Belt Conference, and the first time A-State has ever taken on a Pac-12 opponent.
– UW tight end Cade Otton currently ranks No. 6 in school history in career receptions by a tight end (74) and eighth in career receiving yards by a TE (891)
– UW has gone 77 games in a row without allowing an opponent to score more than 35 points, easily the longest such streak in the nation
– Not only did Arkansas State set the school record for passing yards (582) last week versus Memphis, they also broke the school record for first downs in a game with 35.
– The Red Wolves finished their contest against Memphis with 98 plays, the second-most in school history, and 680 yards of total offense.
– The Arkansas State football team was picked to finish second in the Sun Belt Conference’s West Division in the league’s preseason coaches poll.
Jeff Wright (1-1)
It’s real simple! Better offensive playcalling, better offensive line play, better quarterback play, STOP the run on defense, and SCORE points!!
Washington 35 – Arkansas State 14
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free with code: 39SHIP
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!