#12 Washington (15-16, 5-13) vs. #5 Arizona (20-11, 10-8)
(Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament)
Wednesday, March 11th @ 2:30 p.m. PT
T-Mobile Arena (Las Vegas, NV)
Line: Arizona -6.0
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Marcus Tsohonis (6’3″, 6.9 ppg)
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 5.8 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.5 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 16.6 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.7 ppg)
G Nico Mannion (6’3″, 14.0 ppg)
G Josh Green (6’6″, 11.7 ppg)
G Dylan Smith (6’5″, 8.5 ppg)
F Stone Gettings (6’9″, 6.7 ppg)
C Zeke Nnaji (6’11”, 16.3 ppg)
The Washington Huskies finished out the season on a high note after completing an improbable, but impressive two-game “Desert Sweep.”
Today’s game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks, and the Huskies will need to find a way to beat the same opponent for the second time, in less than 5 days.
Washington came out energized against the Arizona Wildcats, during their 69-63 upset victory, after finding a way to close out the game for a second consecutive time down the stretch.
Arizona is currently 20-11 (10-8) on the season, and after losing to the Huskies last weekend, rest assured they will be ready to make adjustments seek revenge on a neutral floor.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
PAC-12 MEN’S BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT BRACKET
• This is the second time since the 2009-10 season that UW will face the same opponent in their regular season finale and first round game at the Pac-12 Tournament … UW faced Oregon State in back-to-back games during 2009-10 taking wins in both en route to the Pac-10 Tournament Title … then faced USC in back to back games during the 2016-17 season with losses in both meetings
• Washington swept the desert schools for the first time since 2011-12 … it was also the first Pac-12 road sweep since the Dawgs took the Oregon schools last year Jan. 24 and Jan. 26.
• Washington’s back to back wins at Arizona this year and last make it the first time since the 1983-84 seasons that the Dawgs have won two-straight in Tucson
• The Huskies’ 90 points at Arizona State tied a season-high and were its most in Pac-12 play since 94 against Oregon State two seasons ago in overtime on Feb. 17, 2018
• Washington is currently sixth in the NCAA in field goal percentage defense at 38.1
• UW has assisted on 50 percent of its baskets in 19 of their 31 games, and had 19 assists on 30 baskets at ASU
• Over the last nine games, eight off the bench, McDaniels is averaging 14.3 points, 5.3 rebounds while shooting 42.4 percent from the field, 37.2 from 3 and 82.8 from the FT line
• Freshman Isaiah Stewart was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team and the Pac-12 All-Freshman Team
• Freshman Jaden McDaniels earned his first weekly league honor as he was named Freshman of the Week on March 9
• Junior Nahziah Carter is now at 852 career points as he has the most points by anyone on the roster … his game against Arizona State was the 100th of his career
• Off the bench in the last three games, sophomore Elijah Hardy has averaged 5.3 points, 3 assists in 21.0 minutes … he scored a career-best 9 points at Arizona State while dishing out five assists and scored 5 points in 5 minutes against Washington State at home
• Isaiah Stewart now owns the UW freshman records for blocks (65) and rebounds (269) … the rebound record he broke set by Mark Pope (234) was done almost 30 years ago (1991-92)
• Stewart is also fifth in single season blocks overall for the Huskies … the single season record for blocks is 88 set by Malik Dime (2015-16)
• Stewart became the 40th player in UW history to reach 500 points in a single-season with his 16 points at Arizona … he is the first UW freshman since Jaylen Nowell in 2017-18 to reach 500 points in a single season
• Stewart is second in the Pac-12 with 13 double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are the second-most in the league behind Onyeka Okongwu (USC)
• In UW’s five Pac-12 wins, it has outscored their opponents by an average of 17.6 points … UW’s two 30-point conference wins mark the first time since 2010-11 that UW has picked up two 30 point wins over P12 opponents
• After pulling his redshirt, freshman Marcus Tsohonis has averaged 8.6 points in the last nine games, eight starts, scoring a career-high 19 points against Arizona State, following with 13 at WSU, adding five at UCLA and 11 against both Stanford and California … he is also averaging 2.6 assists in those outings
#1 Washington Huskies Adidas Swingman Basketball Jersey – Purple
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!