The Washington Huskies held their third Fall Camp practice this morning and Day Three is officially in the books.
– The team started out practice inside Husky Stadium and remained there the entire time. Some position groups like the quarterbacks and wide receivers went to the East Practice Field for some individualized work.
– The weather was sunny, overcast, with a nice breeze from time to time.
– The length of the practice was approximately 1 hour and 55 minutes.
NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS
– The team practiced with no pads today while wearing shorts, helmets, and jerseys and focused a lot on fundamentals, footwork and drills for most of the practice.
– Today’s practice started out with position group work, technique and fundamentals. It also consisted of a lot of fundamentals and drill work. The first 30 minutes were broken into two parts of the field: offense and defense.
– Today’s 11-on-11 sessions consisted of some reps for both the offense and the defense, intermingled throughout the entire practice.
– Drill work included, rings, DB backpedals, Linemen footwork, WR routes, QB footwork and handoffs, DB footwork, QB passing, DB comebacks, handoffs, Barrels, Lineman technique, LB sleds, Punt formations, Kickoff coverage, FG kicking and special teams work.
– The QB group worked on quick-out routes, handoffs and touch passes. Dylan Morris looked decisive and delivered the ball quickly. Sam Huard was accurate on his deep throws. Patrick O’Brien looked good going through his progressions. Camden Sirmon was able to scramble away from pressure well. Jesse Martineau (not enough reps to evaluate). QB Tyson Lang (not enough reps to evaluate). Overall this group worked on footwork, deep throws, and progressions.
– During the 11 on 11 session the First Team Offense consisted primarily of Dylan Morris, Cameron Davis, Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan, Terrell Bynum, Cade Otton, Jaxson Kirkland, Ulumoo Ale, Luke Wattenberg, Henry Bainivalu, Victor Curne. Kamari Pleasant and Sean McGrew rotated in with this group as well.
– During the 11 on 11 session the First Team Defense consisted primarily of Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Jacob Bandes, Ryan Bowman, Edefuan Ulofoshio, Jackson Sirmon, Trent McDuffie, Kyler Gordon, Kamren Fabiculanan, Dominique Hampton, Sav’ell Smalls. Brendan Radley-Hiles, Asa Turner, Cameron Williams, Julius Irvin, and Mishael Powell rotated in with this group as well.
– It was nice to see Husky fans back inside Husky Stadium!
– LB’s emphasized pad level during drills at the start of practice.
– The offense worked on quick tempo at the beginning of practice.
– The defense worked on alignment and gap integrity at the beginning of practice.
– RB Jay’Veon Sunday shows incredible speed when bursting through the hole.
– LB’s worked on rushing the QB during drills.
– LB’s also worked on dropping back into coverage.
– WR’s did pass blocking drills and so did the TE group.
– The first unit and second unit did 11-on-11 while splitting the field into two in the middle of practice.
– There was an emphasis on lane coverage for punt and kickoff returns during drills.
– RB’s worked on ball security drills while getting hit with pads.
– PK’s Peyton Henry and Tim Horn showed their strong legs on kickoffs with reaching the end zone.
– LB’s worked on stripping the ball during drills.
PLAYERS WHO STOOD OUT
– RB Sean McGrew showed great cutback ability and vision. He also had good hands catching the ball out of the backfield.
– DB Cameron Williams had a great day. He picked off two passes today and seemed to be in the right places to make plays. He looks very confident and fast out there.
PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR
– WR Taj Davis showed great hands, speed and ran crisp routes. He looks poised for a great season ahead.
– LB Jordan Lolohea had some nice pass breakups, sacks, dropped into coverage well, and swarmed around the ball.
BIGGEST PLAYS OF THE DAY
– DB Cameron Williams picked of QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– OLB Ryan Bowman sacked QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– DB Brendan Radley-Hiles sack on QB Patrick O’Brien during 11-on-11.
– DB Brendan Radley-Hiles sack on Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.during 11-on-11.
– DB Cameron Davis with the pick from QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– WR Ja’Lynn Polk’s 45-yard catch from QB Patrick O’Brien during 11-on-11.
– OLB Jeremiah Martin intercepted QB Patrick O’Brien during 11-on-11.during 11-on-11.
– WR Jalen McMillan’s 35-yard catch from QB Dylan Morris during 7-on-7.
– WR Taj Davis’ 30-yard catch from QB Sam Huard during 7-on-7.
– DB Kyler Gordon with the fumble recovery during 7-on-7.
WHO WON THE DAY?
– The defense was able to come away with multiple turnovers, get some deflections on balls and impose their will.
– LB Alphonzo Tuputala
– OLB Zion Tupuola-Fetui
FORMER PLAYERS IN ATTENDANCE
– Dick Baird
– Hugh Millen
RECRUITS IN THE HOUSE
RECENT SIGNEES IN THE HOUSE
– Through three practices, ILB Daniel Heimuli “has taken a major step,” Husky DC Bob Gregory said.
– “His intelligence to the game has increased tremendously, and that allows him to use his strengths more efficiently.” Husky ILB Edefuan Ulofoshio said about ILB Daniel Heimuli.
– The Huskies return to the practice field for Fall Camp Practice #4 tomorrow morning. (Monday, August 9th at 10:00 a.m.). It will be closed to the public.
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free AND 70% OFF SITEWIDE with code: 49SHIP
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!