The Washington Huskies held their tenth Fall Camp practice this morning and Day Ten is officially in the books.
– The team started out practice on the East Practice Field and remained there the entire time. Some position groups like the kicking group went inside Husky Stadium for some individualized work.
– The weather was overcast, cool with a nice breeze from time to time.
– The length of the practice was approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes.
NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS
– The team practiced with pads today while wearing shorts, helmets, and jerseys and focused a lot on fundamentals, footwork, and drills for most of the practice.
– Today’s practice started out with breaking into offense and defense and working on formations and footwork.
– Today’s 11-on-11 sessions consisted of some reps for both the offense and the defense, intermingled throughout the entire practice.
– Drill work included, rings, DB backpedals, Linemen footwork, WR routes, QB footwork and handoffs, DB footwork, QB passing, DB comebacks, handoffs, Barrels, Lineman technique, LB sleds, Punt formations, Kickoff coverage, FG kicking and special teams work.
– The QB group worked on formations and progressions, rollouts, and scheme. Dylan Morris made a nice fade route TD throw and showed good touch overall. Sam Huard is playing more confidently every practice. Patrick O’Brien had great footwork going through his progressions. Camden Sirmon looked good on his rollout throws. Jesse Martineau (not enough reps to evaluate). QB Tyson Lang (not enough reps to evaluate). Overall this group worked on ball security, scrambling, routes and accuracy.
– During the 11 on 11 session the First Team Offense consisted primarily of Dylan Morris, Cameron Davis, Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan, Terrell Bynum, Cade Otton, Jaxson Kirkland, Ulumoo Ale, Luke Wattenberg, Henry Bainivalu, Victor Curne. Kamari Pleasant and Sean McGrew rotated in with this group as well.
– During the 11 on 11 session the First Team Defense consisted primarily of Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Jacob Bandes, Ryan Bowman, Edefuan Ulofoshio, Jackson Sirmon, Kyler Gordon, Kamren Fabiculanan, Dominique Hampton, Sav’ell Smalls. DB Jacobe Covington, Bralen Trice, Cameron Williams, Julius Irvin, and Mishael Powell rotated in with this group as well.
– There was an emphasis on alignment and coverage during early drills.
– A lot of NFL scouts were present at practice today.
– PK Peyton Henry missed his first FG attempt wide left from 50-yards. PK Tim Horn connected on his first FG attempt from 50-yards.
– Ball security drills were stressed in various position groups during drills.
– DB’s worked on catching the ball and having good hands while backpedaling and moving forward.
– OLB’s worked on their spin moves during drills.
– The offense took on the defense in a run/stop the run drill during the middle of practice. It got a little chippy towards the end.
– WR’s & DB’s squared off against each other in pass defense drills.
– Kickoff coverage was emphasized during drills.
– The offense worked on victory formation and running out the clock with RB Richard Newton sliding down after running towards the sideline with the ball.
– Punt formations were practiced during drills towards the end of practice.
PLAYERS WHO STOOD OUT
– RB Cameron Davis looked great today. He has great vision, patience and cutback ability. Look for him to have a great season.
PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR
– ILB MJ Tafisi has had a great camp so far. He is swarming to the football, fitting the run well and making plays.
BIGGEST PLAYS OF THE DAY
– ILB Edefuan Ulofoshio’s sack on QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– WR Jabez Tinae went 70-yards for a TD reception from QB Patrick O’Brien during 11-on-11.
– TE Quentin Moore’s TD from QB Sam Huard during 11-on-11.
– QB Dylan Morris’ fade route TD to WR Terrell Bynum during 11-on-11.
– OLB Carson Bruener picked off QB Patrick O’Brien during 7-on-7.
WHO WON THE DAY?
– The defense was able to come away with turnovers, get some deflections and not allow the offense to move the chains consistently. The offense had some nice plays of their own.
– LB Alphonzo Tuputala
– OLB Zion Tupuola-Fetui
– DL Kuao Peihopa
FORMER PLAYERS IN ATTENDANCE
– Dick Baird
– Randy Hart
RECRUITS IN THE HOUSE
RECENT SIGNEES IN THE HOUSE
– “Giles has played a lot of college football. You can tell by the way he practices,” Husky WR Junior Adams said.
– “They could tell me to run into a brick wall, and I would do it,” Husky TE Jack Westover said about his role in the offense.
– The Huskies return to the practice field for Fall Practice #11 tomorrow morning. (Tuesday, August 17th at 10:00 a.m.). It will be open to the public.
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free AND 70% OFF SITEWIDE with code: VEGASSHIP
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!