Washington (0-1, 0-0) vs. Michigan (1-0, 0-0)
Saturday, September 11th @ 5:00 p.m. PT
Michigan Stadium (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Line: Michigan -6.5
Radio: Seattle Sports Radio 950 KJR
During their last game, the Huskies offense struggled after their first TD scoring drive to move the chains and put points on the board during their 13-7 upset loss to Montana.
This week, the Huskies are facing an opponent who recently beat Western Michigan 47-14 at home. So far this season, Michigan is 1-0 on the season and riding momentum into this contest.
Defensively, the Huskies will have to find a way to come up with turnovers and keep the game close as the offense finds its way.
Offensively, the Wolverines will look to control the pace and put up big points on the scoreboard again this week
Something has to give, in this contest between the stingy Huskies defense and the high octane Wolverines offense.
KEY PLAYERS: WASHINGTON
QB – Dylan Morris
ILB – Edefuan Ulofoshio
TE – Cade Otton
KEY PLAYERS: MICHIGAN
QB – Cade McNamara
RB – Blake Corum
LB – Josh Ross
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
– The Washington football team (0-1) heads to Ann Arbor to face Michigan (1-0) this Saturday, Sept. 11, in the Huskies’ first road game since Nov. 23, 2019.
– UW and Michigan have played one another 12 times, with the Huskies winning five of those games. Four of those 12 meetings were have come in the Rose Bowl game, with the two teams splitting those four games.
– Since the 1947 season, Washington is 221-69-3 (.759) when a Husky player rushes for 100 yards in a game. The Huskies are 22-3 in such games dating back to the 2016 season.
– The Wolverines have compiled a 31-8 home record at “The Big House” under head coach Jim Harbaugh.
– Michigan has a 7-2 record in night games played at Michigan Stadium.
– UM has compiled a 50-26-1 record against teams that currently compete in the Pac-12 Conference.
Jeff Wright (0-1)
One week after the Huskies worst loss in program history to the FCS Montana Grizzlies, the team heads to Ann Arbor to play in “The Big House”. There will be no rest for the Dawgs as they have to quickly get back on the horse and perform on the big stage. They say that the biggest improvement for any team is from week one to week two. I fully expect the Huskies to play much better and more inspired football than they played last week. I’m sure head coach Jimmy Lake got them refocused on the task at hand. The problem for me was that the Grizzlies seemed to expose some glaring issues of concern about the Huskies. There are offensive issues, health issues at the wide receivers group, and the biggest question is how much did that loss affect the Dawgs. While the Huskies put up a much-improved effort, it simply won’t be enough roll into Michigan Stadium and pull out a victory in a hostile environment. Michigan looked solid in their season-opening victory against Western Michigan. In the end, the Dawgs fall short and return to Montlake 0-2 but with some positives to build off for their home matchup versus Arkansas State.
Michigan 28 – Washington 17
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free AND 25% OFF SITEWIDE with code: BELOW
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!