Per The University of Washington Press Release….
December 23, 2019
SAN FRANCISCO – University of Washington freshman Isaiah Stewart picked up his second Pac-12 honor of the season as he was named the league’s Freshman of the Week, the conference announced Monday. Stewart was already recognized earlier this season as the Freshman of the Week on Dec. 9. He’s the only UW freshman to earn multiple conference weekly honors in a season since the league started naming player of the week in 1984.
Stewart averaged a double-double in two games on the week for the Dawgs, going for 23.0 points and 11.5 rebounds. He shot 73.1 percent from the field (19-of-26) and knocked down 8-of-11 from the FT line (72.7 percent).
The Rochester, N.Y. native opened the week with a career high 27 points against Seattle U. He added 13 rebounds and went 11-of-14 from the field and 5-of-8 from the FT line. Stewart followed that with 19 points and 10 rebounds against Ball State in the quarterfinals of the Diamond Head Classic.
No. 21 Washington is 9-2 on the year and is back on the court this evening as they take on Hawai’i in the Diamond Head Classic Semifinals at 8 p.m. PT on ESPN2.
Isaiah Stewart, Washington
Fr., F, Rochester, N.Y.
• The Wooden Award, Naismith Trophy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year candidate averaged a double-double of 23.0 points and 11.5 rebounds while shooting 73 percent from the field (19-26) and foul line (8-11) in a pair of Washington victories.
• Converted 11-of-14 field goals en route to a career-high 27 points along with 13 rebounds in an 81-59 victory over Seattle U.
• Recorded his third consecutive double-double and fifth of the season with 19 points and 10 rebounds in an 85-64 win over Ball State to open the Diamond Head Classic on Sunday.
• 1-of-2 Pac-12 freshmen to rank in the top 10 in the league in scoring, rebounding, blocks and field goal percentage (Onyeka Okongwu, USC).
• Also voted Pac-12 Freshman of the Week on Dec. 9.
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!