The Washington Huskies held their second Fall Camp practice this morning and Day Two is officially in the books.
– The team started out practice on the East Practice Field and remained there the entire time. Some position groups like the quarterbacks and wide receivers went inside Husky Stadium for some individualized work.
– The weather was overcast, with a nice breeze from time to time, strong wind gusts, and occasional light drizzle.
– The length of the practice was approximately 2 hours and 5 minutes.
NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS
– The team practiced with no pads today while wearing shorts, helmets, and jerseys and focused a lot on fundamentals, footwork and drills.
– Today’s practice started out with position group work and alignment. It also consisted of a lot of fundamentals and drill work.
– Today’s 11-on-11 sessions consisted of some reps for both the offense and the defense, intermingled throughout the entire practice.
– Drill work included DB backpedals, Linemen footwork, WR routes, QB footwork and handoffs, DB footwork, QB passing, DB comebacks, handoffs, Barrels, Lineman technique, LB sleds, Punt formations, Punting, FG kicking and special teams work.
– The QB group worked on handoffs to the RB’s. They also threw sideline routes to the receivers. Dylan Morris looked sharp and decisive with his throws. Sam Huard had some nice touch passes to the sideline. Patrick O’Brien continues to show his strong arm. Camden Sirmon gets the ball out fast on sideline throws. Jesse Martineau got reps in during drills. QB Tyson Lang has a quick release. Overall this group worked on fundamentals and technique today during drills.
– During the 11 on 11 session the First Team Offense consisted primarily of Dylan Morris, Cameron Davis, Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan, Terrell Bynum, Cade Otton, Jaxson Kirkland, Ulumoo Ale, Luke Wattenberg, Henry Bainivalu, Victor Curne. Richard Newton rotated in with this group as well.
– During the 11 on 11 session the First Team Defense consisted primarily of Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Jacob Bandes, Ryan Bowman, Edefuan Ulofoshio, Jackson Sirmon, Trent McDuffie, Kyler Gordon, Kamren Fabiculanan, Dominique Hampton, Sav’ell Smalls. Asa Turner and Cameron Williams rotated in with this group as well.
– RB Sam Adams II shows a nice burst through the hole.
– Strong emphasis on QB handoffs with OL shifts and motions.
– QB’s and WR’s broke into Husky Stadium for some individualized work in the middle of practice.
– Defense worked on footwork drills a lot during practice.
– RB’s worked on ball security and not dropping the ball during drills.
– DL emphasized getting off blocks during drills.
– DB’s worked on backpedals while intercepting balls over the middle.
– Punt formations and punting were worked on during drills today.
– WR Rome Odunze was back on punt returns during drills.
– WR Jalen McMillan was back on punt returns during drills.
– PK Race Porter had some nice hang time during punts.
– PK made some FG’s and missed some too at the end of practice.
PLAYERS WHO STOOD OUT
– WR Terrell Bynum ran some crisp routes, showed good hands, and created separation.
– QB Sam Huard had some nice deep throws for TD’s. Showed great touch on his passes.
PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR
– RB Richard Newton looks very explosive and poised for a great season ahead.
– DB Asa Turner looks good in coverage and had some deflections in the passing lanes.
BIGGEST PLAYS OF THE DAY
– QB Dylan Morris 20-yard sideline pass to TE Jack Westover during 11-on-11.
– QB Sam Huard’s 40-yard TD pass to WR Terrell Bynum during 11-on-11.
– DB Trent McDuffie picked off QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– RB Richard Newton’s TD during 11-on-11.
– DB Makell Esteen picked off QB Sam Huard during 11-on-11.
– TB Jay’Veon Sunday’s 35-yard TD run during 11-on-11.
– DB Trent McDuffie picked off QB Patrick O’Brien during 11-on-11.
– WR Giles Jackson’s 20-yard sideline catch from QB Sam Huard during 11-on-11.
– TE Mark Redman’s 20-yard catch from QB Dylan Morris during 7-on-7.
– QB Sam Huard’s 40-yard TD pass to WR Sawyer Racanelli during 7-on-7.
– DB Julius Irvin picked off QB Patrick O’Brien during 7-on-7.
WHO WON THE DAY?
– TIE. The defense was able to come away with some turnovers and get some deflections on balls. The offense had a good day overall with executing TD’s and moving the ball.
– LB Alphonzo Tuputala
– OLB Zion Tupuola-Fetui
FORMER PLAYERS IN ATTENDANCE
– Hugh Millen
RECRUITS IN THE HOUSE
RECENT SIGNEES IN THE HOUSE
– “Sooner or later they are going to make a heckuva lot of plays around here,” Husky OC John Donovan said about the WR group.
– “I think this can be the best team that I’ve been a part of here,” Husky TE Cade Otton said.
– The Huskies return to the practice field for Fall Camp Practice #3 tomorrow morning. (Sunday, August 8th at 10:00 a.m.). It will be the first practice that is open to the public.
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free with code: 39SHIP
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!