The Washington Huskies held their third Spring Camp practice this morning and Day Three is officially in the books.
– The team practiced inside Husky Stadium and it was the first practice open to the public.
– The weather was sunny and overcast, with some wind blowing throughout practice.
– The length of the practice was approximately 2 hours and 5 minutes.
NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS
– The team practiced pads today while wearing shorts, helmets, and jerseys and focused a lot on fundamentals, footwork, and drills.
– Today’s practice was a good mix of fundamentals, drill work, and scrimmages with referees.
– Today’s 11 on 11 sessions consisted of some reps for both the offense and the defense throughout the entire practice.
– Drill work included linebacker backpedals, linemen footwork, WR footwork, QB footwork and handoffs, DB footwork, QB passing, DB comebacks, Barrels, LB hoops, Lineman technique, RB handoffs, Slants, Receiver deep ball routes, PIllars, Sleds, FG kicking and special teams work.
– The QB group worked on footwork, rollouts, 40-yard end zone throws, and slant throws. Dylan Morris took snaps with the first team and had command of the offense. Sam Huard threw a tight spiral today and started practice taking snaps with the 3rd group. Patrick O’Brien looks the part physically and has a quick release. He took snaps with the 2nd group and looked consistent. Camden Sirmon has a compact release. Jesse Martineau has a Laredo type of motion on his throws. Overall this group seemed to get better and benefited from scrimmaging.
– During the 11 on 11 sessions the First Team Offense consisted primarily of Dylan Morris, Cameron Davis, Rome Odunze, Jalen McMillan, Terrell Bynum, Cade Otton, Jaxson Kirkland, Ulumoo Ale, Luke Wattenberg, Henry Bainivalu, Victor Curne. Sean McGrew and Devin Culp rotated in with this group as well.
– During the 11 on 11 sessions the First Team Defense consisted primarily of Tuli Letuligasenoa, Sam Taimani, Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Ryan Bowman, Edefuan Ulofoshio, Jackson Sirmon, Trent McDuffie, Kyler Gordon, Kamren Fabiculanan, Cameron Williams, Dominique Hampton. Alex Cook rotated in with this group as well.
– Husky Stadium was bumping to DMX music upon arrival. Salute to a legend.
– WR’s worked on a lot of agility and footwork.
– QB’s had an emphasis on going through their progressions.
– Defense started out the practice working on alignments.
– RB Cam Davis showed a quick burst through the hole today.
– LB’s worked on getting off the edge a lot today.
– ILB Edefuan Ulofoshio looked very sharp in drills today.
– There was a focus on getting off blocks today in drills.
– QB Dylan Morris kept his vision downfield while scrambling.
– Scrimmages were spread out throughout practice, in between drills.
– Gunners worked on staying in their lanes and coverage during drills.
– Special teams worked on punt return coverage.
– Offensive Line group worked on footwork and alignment during drills.
– Defense let RB Jay’Veon Sunday “know about it” after he dropped a pass near the sideline.
– RB Jay’Veon Sunday likes to high step when he runs.
– PK Peyton Henry made his first extra-point attempt of the day.
– Practice was a little chippy today between the offense and defense.
– WR Rome Odunze took the first punt return during 11-on-11.
– Punters got some good work in towards the end of practice.
– QB Sam Huard was 3/6 on his first drive during 11-on-11.
– QB Patrick O’Brien has good speed when he scrambles.
– PK’s made FG’s during their reps. Peyton Henry (38-yards), Jarrett North (38-yards), and Tim Horn (42-yards).
PLAYERS WHO STOOD OUT
– WR Jalen McMillan looked smooth all day, especially on the go-routes. He will make an impact this season.
– DB Makell Esteen had an interception and a pass breakup during 11-on-11. He has good instincts and reads the ball well.
PLAYERS TO WATCH FOR
– RB Cam Davis runs with purpose and has great vision when surveying the field.
– QB Patrick O’Brien had the most consistent production from all the QB’s today while leading his group for a TD during scrimmages.
BIGGEST PLAYS OF THE DAY
– QB Sam Huard’s 20-yard pass over the middle to WR Rome Odunze during 11-on-11.
– QB Camden Sirmon’s 25-yard pass to TE Quentin Moore during 11-on-11.
– DB Makell Esteen picks of QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– WR Jalen McMillan’s 30-yard catch from QB Sam Huard during 11-on-11.
– DL Tuli Letuligasenoa’s sack on QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– RB Cam Davis scored a TD during 11-on-11.
– OLB Ryan Bowman sacks QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– DB Trent McDuffie’s deflection on a pass by QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– DB Kyler Gordon’s sideline pass breakup of QB Dylan Morris during 11-on-11.
– RB Sean McGrew’s long run to the 6-yard line during 11-on-11.
– DB Dominique Hampton’s physical tackle on TE Quentin Moore during 11-on-11.
– RB Cam Davis rushing TD during 11-on-11.
– RB Jay’Veon Sunday runs for a 1-yard TD during 11-on-11 at the end of scrimmages.
WHO WON THE DAY?
– Defense won the day as they came up with turnovers, pass breakups, and sacks that stalled the offense on some drives.
– RB Caleb Berry
– RB Richard Newton
– TE Mason West
FORMER PLAYERS IN ATTENDANCE
– Hugh Millen
RECRUITS IN THE HOUSE
– J.T. Tuimoloau
RECENT SIGNEES IN THE HOUSE
– None. Coaches were not interviewed today.
– “I think a big thing for me is leadership. Making sure that I got all the guys in my room on the same page and kind of take over from what Elijah Molden was for us last year,” DB Trent McDuffie said.
– The Huskies return to the practice field in a couple of days for Spring Practice #4. (Monday, April 12th at 8:30 a.m.).
WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS ULTRABOOST 1.0 DNA RUNNING SHOE – PURPLE/GOLD
Ships Free with code: 24SHIP
SHOP NOW! CHECK OUT THE NEW WASHINGTON HUSKIES ADIDAS SHOES BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!