Washington (13-16, 3-13) vs. Arizona State (19-10, 10-6)
Thursday, March 5th @ 6:00 p.m. PT
Desert Financial Arena (Tempe, AZ)
Line: Arizona State -6.0
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Marcus Tsohonis (6’3″, 7.0 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.4 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 12.7 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 16.7 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.8 ppg)
G Remy Martin (6’0″, 19.6 ppg)
G Rob Edwards (6’5″, 11.3 ppg)
F Romello White (6’8″, 10.3 ppg)
F Mickey Mitchell (6’7″, 1.4 ppg)
F Kimani Lawrence (6’8″, 4.8 ppg)
The Washington Huskies experienced another close game last weekend, which resulted in another heartbreaker where they couldn’t finish.
Tonight’s game will be televised on ESPN2, and the Huskies will need to find a way to get back on track during the last week of the regular season.
Washington came out flat against the Washington State Cougars, during their 78-74 disheartening loss, after missing a jaw-dropping 15 free throws during the game.
Arizona State is currently 19-10 (10-6) on the season, and recently suffered a 71-61 defeat on the road against the USC Trojans, after going “ice cold” with their shooting at 33% from the field.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Washington is currently seventh in the NCAA in field goal percentage defense at 38.1
• Over the last seven games, six off the bench, McDaniels is averaging 13.3 points, 5.1 rebounds while shooting 41.6 percent from the field, 37.5 from 3 and 80.8 from the FT line
• Junior Nahziah Carter is now at 825 career points as he has the most points by anyone on the roster … his game against Arizona State will be the 100th of his career
• Washington’s 15 steals against WSU were its most since 16 against Bethune Cookman, Dec. 19, 2017
• Sophomore Elijah Hardy scored five points in five minutes off the bench against Washington State … he is averaging 5.5 points in 5.5 minutes over the last two games
• Cal’s 11 made field goals were the fewest by a UW opponent since Feb. 7, 2014 when UW held San Diego State to just 11 made shots … additionally UW’s 35-point margin of victory was its largest in league play since a 38-point win at Oregon State on Feb. 16, 2008.
• Isaiah Stewart now owns the UW freshman records for blocks (61) and rebounds (250) … the rebound record he broke set by Mark Pope (234) was done almost 30 years ago (1991-92)
• In UW’s three Pac-12 wins, it has outscored their opponents by an average of 25.0 points … UW’s two 30-point conference wins mark the first time since 2010-11 that UW has picked up two 30 point wins over P12 opponents
• Washington has out-rebounded its last three opponents including a six rebound margin over California
• Isaiah Stewart was named one of the Top 10 Finalists for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award and named to the Naismith Trophy Mid-season Watch List along with the Wooden Award Midseason list
• After pulling his redshirt, freshman Marcus Tsohonis has averaged 9.3 points in seven games, six starts, scoring a career-high 19 points against Arizona State, following with 13 at WSU, adding five at UCLA and 11 against both Stanford and California … he is also averaging 2.3 assists in those outings
• UW has let just one opponent shoot higher than 50 percent or better from the field in 29 games (WSU) … the Dawgs currently rank seventh nationally in FG percentage defense at 38.1 percent
• UW is averaging 6.2 blocks per game, which is second in the NCAA … UW led the country in blocks a year ago
• UW is averaging 13.5 takeaways (blocks and steals) this season, which is the most combined average by any team in the Pac-12
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Stewart recorded his fifth 20/10 double-double of the season against No. 8 Oregon as he pulled down a career-best 19 rebounds and added 25 points … the last player to have five 20/10 dub-dubs in a season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning who had six in 2010-11
• Stewart is second the Pac-12 with 12 double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are the second-most in the league behind Onyeka Okongwu (USC) … his 12 double-doubles are tied for the fourth most by a freshman in the NCAA
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in four games this season … UW has shot 50 percent or better in seven games this year.
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!