Washington (12-10, 2-7) vs. Arizona State (12-8, 3-4)
Saturday, February 1st @ 7:30 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -5.0
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 5.5 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.5 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 17.8 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 12.5 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.6 ppg)
G Remy Martin (6’0″, 19.4 ppg)
G Rob Edwards (6’5″, 10.4 ppg)
F Romello White (6’8″, 10.7 ppg)
F Kimani Lawrence (6’8″, 4.5 ppg)
F Taeshon Cherry (6’8″, 4.9 ppg)
The Washington Huskies lost another heartbreaking finish the other night to begin their two-game homestand at Alaska Airlines Arena.
Today’s game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks, and the Huskies will have to exhibit laser focus in the last five minutes of the game to win.
Washington came out and shot well from behind the arc against the Arizona Wildcats, during their 75-72 defeat, but turnovers and a lack of execution snatched a victory away.
Arizona State is currently 12-8 (3-4) on the season, and recently suffered a 67-65 defeat on the road against the Washington State Cougars, after giving up a three-pointer at the end.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Freshman RaeQuan Battle set a career-high with 14 points against Arizona in just 15 minutes of game action … he also tied his career-high with four made from long distance
• Battle has hit eight from 3-point range in the last two games and is averaging 10 points over the last five outings
• UW has recorded 10 or more 3’s in the last two games with 11 at No. 23 Colorado and then followed with 14 against Arizona … the 14 are the most in a game since Dec. 19, 2017 (Bethune Cookman) when UW connected on 15 from 3
• UW is currently fourth in the country in blocks with 6.4 per game … UW led the nation in blocks a year ago
• UW is averaging 13.5 takeaways (blocks and steals) this season, which is the most combined average by any team in the Pac-12.
• The Huskies have yet to allow an opponent to shoot 50 percent or better from the field, while the Huskies have six games of shooting better than 50 percent
• Freshman Isaiah Stewart recorded his eighth 20-point game of the season against No. 23 Colorado going 9-of-12 from the field and adding eight rebounds and four blocks
• Hameir Wright tied his career high in scoring with 12 points against Arizona and added six rebounds
• The freshmen guard combo of Marcus Tsohonis and RaeQuan Battle, who had each played an average of less than six minutes per game prior to Oregon State, then combined for 42 points, eight rebounds, seven assists and just five turnovers in a combined 102 minutes of action against the Oregon schools…. the two had played 56 combined minutes prior to the Oregon weekend
• Isaiah Stewart recorded his fifth 20/10 double-double of the season against No. 8 Oregon as he pulled down a career-best 19 rebounds and added 25 points … the last player to have five 20/10 dub-dubs in a season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning who had six in 2010-11
• Stewart leads the Pac-12 with nine double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are the second-most in the league behind Onyeka Okongwu (USC) … additionally his nine double-doubles are the second most by a freshman in the NCAA
• Stewart is the only freshman in the country averaging 17 points and nine rebounds per game … additionally he is the second leading freshman scorer in the NCAA averaging 17.8 points per game
• UW is 12th nationally in field goal percentage defense holding teams to 37.4 percent per outing which also leads the Pac-12
• With his 13 points at No. 23 Colorado, Nahziah Carter is now at 740 career points
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in three games this season, up until the game at Stanford, it was the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs had shot over 40 percent in first 15 games
• Stewart was selected to the narrowed down Wooden Award Top 25 Midseason List
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!