Washington (12-8, 2-5) vs. #23 Colorado (15-4, 4-2)
Saturday, January 25th @ 6:00 p.m. PT
CU Events Center (Boulder, CO)
Line: Colorado -8.0
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 5.7 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.5 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 18.0 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.1 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.3 ppg)
G McKinley Wright IV (6’0″, 13.3 ppg)
G Shane Gatling (6’2″, 6.2 ppg)
G/F D’Shawn Schwartz (6’7″, 10.8 ppg)
F Evan Battey (6’8″, 9.3 ppg)
C Lucas Siewert (6’10”, 8.3 ppg)
The Washington Huskies lost another close finish again the other night, as they squandered a comfortable lead down the stretch.
Today’s game will be televised on FS1, and the Huskies will need to put their upsetting loss behind them and try to salvage a split on this road trip.
Washington came out to a fast start against the Utah Utes, during their stunning 67-66 upset defeat, but turnovers, bad possessions and defensive lapses led to their demise.
#23 Colorado is currently 15-4 (4-2) on the season, and recently earned a 78-56 victory at home against the Washington State Cougars, after closing the game with a 24-6 run.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• UW is currently fourth in the country in blocks with 6.6 per game … UW led the nation in blocks a year ago
• UW is averaging 13.6 takeaways (blocks and steals) this season, which is the most combined average by any team in the Pac-12.
• Hameir Wright set a career high with nine rebounds against Utah and tied his career high in scoring with 12 points after hitting a career-best 4 from long distance … he also added four assists
• The freshmen guard combo of Marcus Tsohonis and RaeQuan Battle, who had each played an average of less than six minutes per game prior to Oregon State, then combined for 42 points, eight rebounds, seven assists and just five turnovers in a combined 102 minutes of action against the Oregon schools…. the two had played 56 combined minutes prior to the Oregon weekend
• Isaiah Stewart recorded his fifth 20/10 double-double of the season against No. 8 Oregon as he pulled down a career-best 19 points and added 25 rebounds … the last player to have five 20/10 dub-dubs in a season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning who had six in 2010-11
• Stewart leads the Pac-12 with nine double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are tied for the most in the league with Onyeka Okongwu (USC) … additionally his nine double-doubles are the second most by a freshman in the NCAA
• Stewart is the only freshman in the country averaging 18 points and eight rebounds per game … additionally he is the second leading freshman scorer in the NCAA averaging 18.0 points per game
• UW is sixth nationally in field goal percentage defense holding teams to 36.9 percent per outing which also leads the Pac-12
• With his 10 points at Utah, Nahziah Carter is now at 715 career points
• Head Coach Mike Hopkins picked up win No. 60 as Husky against Oregon State
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• McDaniels joined fellow freshman Isaiah Stewart in recording 15 or more rebounds in a game this season … The last time UW had two players record 15 or more rebounds in a game during the same season was 2012-13
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in three games this season, up until the game at Stanford, it was the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs had shot over 40 percent in its first 15 games
• Isaiah Stewart’s streak of consecutive games scoring 12 or more points came to an end at Stanford as he posted four points and five rebounds … had was the first Husky to open their season with 15-straight games of 12 points or more since C.J. Wilcox did so in 2013-14 (18-straight games) …Markelle Fultz also had a streak of 18 games during his freshman year where he did not score fewer than 12 points
• Stewart was selected to the narrowed down Wooden Award Top 25 Midseason List
• Stewart is one of two players nationally and the only freshman who have recorded at least two 25p/13r double-doubles (Tyere Marshall, Rider, SR)
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6 as he averaged 21.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games for the Huskies
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• UW has faced four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!