Washington (12-7, 2-4) vs. Utah (10-7, 1-4)
Thursday, January 23rd @ 5:00 p.m. PT
Jon M. Huntsman Center (Salt Lake City, UT)
Line: Washington -1.0
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 5.8 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 12.6 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 18.3 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.1 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 4.9 ppg)
G Rylan Jones (6’0″, 10.2 ppg)
G Both Gach (6’6″, 11.3 ppg)
F Timmy Allen (6’6″, 19.8 ppg)
F Riley Battin (6’9″, 9.3 ppg)
C Branden Carlson (7’0″, 5.2 ppg)
The Washington Huskies lost a heartbreaker this past weekend to their rivals from down south, and have lost 5 out of their last 7 games.
Today’s game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks, and the Huskies will need to start out their two-game road trip with a victory.
Washington came out to a fast start against the Oregon Ducks, during their 64-61 overtime defeat, but they couldn’t finish off the game down the stretch.
Utah is currently 10-7 (1-4) on the season, and recently suffered an 83-64 defeat on the road against the Arizona State Sun Devils, after suffering too many turnovers in the second half.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Over the last two games, the Huskies swatted 19 blocks and added 10 steals for a total of 29 takeaways
• The Huskies are currently fourth in the country in blocks with 6.7 per game … UW led the nation in blocks a year ago
• UW is averaging 13.8 takeaways (blocks and steals) this season, which is the most combined average by any team in the Pac-12.
• The freshmen guard combo of Marcus Tsohonis and RaeQuan Battle who had each played an average of less than six minutes per game prior to Oregon State, combined for 42 points, eight rebounds, seven assists and just five turnovers in a combined 102 minutes of action …. the two had played 56 combined minutes prior to the weekend
• Isaiah Stewart recorded his fifth 20/10 double-double of the season against No. 8 Oregon as he pulled down a career-best 19 points and added 25 rebounds … the last player to have five 20/10 dub-dubs in a season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning who had six in 2010-11
• Stewart leads the Pac-12 with nine double-doubles and his five 20/10’s are tied for the most in the league with Onyeka Okongwu (USC) … additionally his nine double-doubles are the second most by a freshman in the NCAA
• Stewart is the only freshman in the country averaging 18 points and nine rebounds per game … additionally he is the second leading freshman scorer in the NCAA averaging 18.3 points per game
• UW is ninth nationally in field goal percentage defense holding teams to 37.1 percent per outing which also leads the Pac-12
• UW’s turnover average over the last three games of 11.3 is four per game lower than its average of 15.3 over the first 16 games … its eight against OSU were a season low
• With his six points against No. 8 Oregon, Nahziah Carter reached 700 on his career as he now sits at 705
• Head Coach Mike Hopkins picked up win No. 60 as Husky against Oregon State
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• McDaniels joined fellow freshman Isaiah Stewart in recording 15 or more rebounds in a game this season … The last time UW had two players record 15 or more rebounds in a game during the same season was 2012-13
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in three games this season, up until the game at Stanford, it was the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs had shot over 40 percent in its first 15 games
• Isaiah Stewart’s streak of consecutive games scoring 12 or more points came to an end at Stanford as he posted four points and five rebounds … had was the first Husky to open their season with 15-straight games of 12 points or more since C.J. Wilcox did so in 2013-14 (18-straight games) …Markelle Fultz also had a streak of 18 games during his freshman year where he did not score fewer than 12 points
• Stewart was selected to the narrowed down Wooden Award Top 25 Midseason List
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!