Washington (11-6, 1-3) vs. Oregon State (12-4, 2-2)
Thursday, January 16th @ 8:00 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, WA)
Line: Washington -3.5
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Jamal Bey (6’6″, 5.8 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 13.2 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 18.2 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.5 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.0 ppg)
G Ethan Thompson (6’5″, 16.8 ppg)
G Zach Reichle (6’5″, 9.5 ppg)
F Tres TInkle (6’7″, 19.9 ppg)
F Alfred Hollins (6’6″, 6.4 ppg)
F Kylor Kelley (7’0″, 11.2 ppg)
The Washington Huskies just came off a tough road trip in the Bay Area, where they dropped both games and have lost 4 out of their last 5 contests.
Tonight’s game will be televised on FS1, and the Huskies will need to find the magic and confidence they once had earlier in the season.
Washington came out and fell behind early against the Bears, during their heartbreaking 61-58 defeat, in a game where the Huskies lost on a three-point bank shot.
Oregon State is currently 12-4 (2-2) on the season, recently winning 82-65 at home against the Arizona Wildcats, while going on a 33-16 run during the last 12:05 minute stretch to end the game.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• Head Coach Mike Hopkins is just one win away from #60 as a Husky … he was the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history
• UW is 39-7 at home under head coach Mike Hopkins … the last time UW recorded just seven home losses during three years was 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 … Washington also has 1,013 wins inside AAA, which is the most inside any team’s current arena in the nation
• Freshman Jaden McDaniels has posted back-to-back double-doubles for the first time in his career recorded 18/15 at Stanford and 12/11 at California
• McDaniels joins fellow freshman Isaiah Stewart in recording 15 or more rebounds in a game this season … The last time UW had two players record 15 or more rebounds in a game during the same season was 2012-13
• Sophomore Jamal Bey, in his third start of the season, put up 12 points and a career-high tying five rebounds at California
• The Huskies out rebounded both Stanford and Cal on the road by an average of 10 boards
• Washington posted its biggest rebounding margin of the season against Stanford, owning a 46-32 advantage
• UW’s 32-point victory over USC was its biggest conference win since a 15-point win at California on Feb,. 10, 2011 (109-77 at home).
• UW has only shot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game in two games this season, up until the game at Stanford, it was the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs had shot over 40 percent in its first 15 games
• The Huskies tallied 26 takeaways against USC swatting 12 blocks (which is 10th nationally for a single game) and 14 steals .. it’s the most combined takeaways for a Husky team since Dec. 19, 2017 when UW recorded 16 steals and 15 blocks against Bethune Cookman
• Isaiah Stewart’s streak of consecutive games scoring 12 or more points came to an end at Stanford as he posted four points and five rebounds … had was the first Husky to open their season with 15-straight games of 12 points or more since C.J. Wilcox did so in 2013-14 (18-straight games) …Markelle Fultz also had a streak of 18 games during his freshman year where he did not score fewer than 12 points
• The last Husky to post at least five 20pt/10reb double-doubles in the same season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning in 2010-11 (six) … Isaiah Stewart has four already this season in just 17 games … Noah Dickerson had four as a senior
• Stewart is one of two players nationally and the only freshman who have recorded at least two 25p/13r double-doubles (Tyere Marshall, Rider, SR)
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6 as he averaged 21.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games for the Huskies
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!