Washington (11-4, 1-1) vs. Stanford (12-2, 1-0)
Thursday, January 9th @ 6:00 p.m. PT
Maples Pavilion (Palo Alto, CA)
Line: Stanford -2.5
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 11.6 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 13.3 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 19.5 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 13.3 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.0 ppg)
G Daejon Davis (6’3″, 9.1 ppg)
G Tyrell Terry (6’2″, 15.1 ppg)
G Bryce Wills (6’6″, 6.4 ppg)
F Oscar da Silva (6’9″, 17.0 ppg)
F Spencer Jones (6’7″, 9.4 ppg)
The Washington Huskies begin their Pac-12 conference road schedule this week, with a couple games slated in the Bay Area.
Tonight’s game will be televised on FS1, and the Huskies will look to start out their two-game road trip on the right foot, with a victory.
Washington came out and completely throttled the USC Trojans during their impressive 72-40 performance, in a game where the Huskies defense was fantastic.
Stanford is currently 12-2 (1-0) on the season, and recently won 68-52 at home against the California Bears, for the first time in the last three seasons.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• UW has yet to shoot below 40.0 percent from the field in a game this season, making that the first time since the 2004-05 campaign that the Dawgs have done so over its first 15 games
• The Huskies tallied 26 takeaways against USC swatting 12 blocks (which is 10th nationally for a single game) and 14 steals .. it’s the most combined takeaways for a Husky team since Dec. 19, 2017 when UW recorded 16 steals and 15 blocks against Bethune Cookman
• Isaiah Stewart has yet to score less than 14 points in a game making him the first Husky to open their season with 15-straight games of 14 points or more since C.J. Wilcox did so in 2013-14 (18-straight games)
• The last Husky to post at least five 20pt/10reb double-doubles in the same season was Matthew Bryan-Amaning in 2010-11 (six) … Isaiah Stewart has four already this season in just 15 games … Noah Dickerson had four as a senior
• Freshman Isaiah Stewart is the only freshman and one of three players nationally averaging 19 points, 9 rebounds while shooting at least 60 percent from the field, joining Yoeli Childs (BYU – SR) and Daniel Oturu (Minnesota – SO)
• Stewart is one of two players nationally and the only freshman who have recorded at least two 25p/13r double-doubles (Tyere Marshall, Rider, SR)
• Stewart’s is the nation’s leading freshman scorer at 19.5 points per game … he is also averaging 23.2 points and 10.5 rebounds over the last four games
• Head Coach Mike Hopkins is just one win away from #60 as Husky … he was the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history
• UW is 39-7 at home under head coach Mike Hopkins … the last time UW recorded just seven home losses during three years was 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 … Washington also has 1,013 wins inside AAA, which is the most inside any team’s current arena in the nation
• Stewart picked up his fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor on Jan. 6 as he averaged 21.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games for the Huskies
• UW is currently fifth in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.6 over 15 games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category
• Between McDaniels and Stewart, the freshman duo is accounting for 600 of UW’s 1,104 season points which comes in at 54.4 percent between points and assists … the pair is also averaging 32.8 points and 14.5 rebounds per game combined
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Junior Nahziah Carter reached 600 career points against Seattle U and is now at 664
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!