#22 Washington (8-2, 0-0) vs. Seattle University (6-4, 0-0)
Sunday, December 22nd @ 6:30 p.m. PT
Stan Sheriff Center (Honolulu, HI)
Line: Washington -6.0
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 10.6 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 14.1 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 18.0 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 14.5 ppg)
G Hameir Wright (6’9″, 5.1 ppg)
G Jarron Coleman (6’5″, 7.7 ppg)
G Ishmael El-Amin (6’1″, 14.3 ppg)
G Luke Bumbalough (6’1″, 6.8 ppg)
F Kyle Mallers (6’7″, 12.2 ppg)
F Tahjai Teague (6’8″, 13.6 ppg)
The Washington Huskies traveled to the tropical paradise of Honolulu, Hawaii and will play their first game of the Diamond Head Classic tournament.
The game will be televised on ESPN2, and the Huskies will look to finish off their non-conference schedule on a high note and with some momentum.
Washington recently won 81-59 against the Seattle University Redhawks, despite playing sloppy and sluggish the entire game.
Ball State is currently 6-4 on the season, and recently won 65-47 against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets on the road, while leading by as many as 30 points at one point.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• This trip will be UW’s longest of the non-conference season, travelling 5,354 roundtrip miles for the Diamond Head Classic … following this trip, the Huskies will have travelled just under 30,000 miles since August (29,713) between trips to Italy, Fort Worth, Anchorage, Toronto and now Honolulu.
• UW freshman Isaiah Stewart is one of just three freshmen nationally to be averaging 18 points, at least 8 rebounds in under 30 minutes a game joining USC’s Onyeka Okongwu and Duke’s Vernon Carey, Jr. … additionally just four players total nationally meet the same criteria
• Over the last three games, Quade Green is averaging 18 points, 6.3 assists while shooting 60 percent from the field, 57.1 percent from 3-point range and 83.3 percent from the charity stripe
• Between McDaniels and Stewart, the freshman duo is accounting for 403 of UW’s 740 season points which comes in at 54.5 percent between points and assists
• Stewart’s back-to-back 20-point/10-rebound double-doubles make him the first Husky overall and first Husky freshman since Markelle Fultz in 2016-17 to have back-to-back 20p/10r games
• Washington shot a season-best 58.3 percent from the field against Seattle U including a 69.2 percent mark during the second half
• Quade Green is averaging 5.0 assists per game and has dished out at least six dimes, five times this season … he’s the first Husky since Markelle Fultz (65) to dish out at least 50 assists over the first 10 games of the season
• UW has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12
• Attendance through UW’s eight home games (8,011 average) is up by over 1,500 from the first eight home games last season (6,402) … UW’s home attendance ranks third in the Pac-12
• UW is currently tied for 10th in the NCAA in blocks, averaging 6.3 over 10 games … UW led the NCAA at the end of the season a year ago in the category
• Junior Nahziah Cater reached 600 career points against Seattle U and is now at 606
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season
• Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8)
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Green and freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12
You love to watch the Washington Huskies dominate on the court. Now you can celebrate your loyalty when you get this #1 Washington Huskies Swingman basketball jersey. This exceptional jersey from Adidas has the squad’s graphics all over, so when you wear it, everyone will know you’re the top Washington Huskies fan.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!