#20 Washington (1-0, 0-0) vs. Mount St. Mary’s (1-1, 0-0)
Tuesday, November 12th @ 6:00 p.m. PT
Alaska Airlines Arena (Seattle, Washington)
Line: Washington -22.5
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: 1000AM KOMO/97.7 FM
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
G Quade Green (6’0″, 2.0 ppg)
G Nahziah Carter (6’6″, 23.0 ppg)
F Isaiah Stewart (6’9″, 15.0 ppg)
F Jaden McDaniels (6’9″, 18.0 ppg)
F Hameir Wright (6’9″, 6.0 ppg)
Mount St. Mary’s
G Vado Morse (6’0″, 18.0 ppg)
G Jalen Gibbs (6’3″, 19.0 ppg)
G Damian Chong Qui (5’8″, 8.0 ppg)
F Nana Opoku (6’9″, 9.0 ppg)
F Malik Jefferson (6’9″, 11.0 ppg)
The Huskies will return home to Alaska Airlines Arena to play Mount St. Mary’s, after spending a week in Anchorage, Alaska at the Armed Forces Classic.
The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks and the Huskies will look to improve upon their successful start to the season.
Last weekend, the Huskies played against the #16 Baylor Bears and came away with a 67-64 comeback win, finishing on a 21-5 run.
Mount St. Mary’s is currently 1-1 on the season, and recently beat Gettysburg 75-58 at home to bring their overall record to .500.
ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR
• UW’s win over No. 16 Baylor is its second non-conference ranked win away from home under Coach Hopkins.
• Coach Hopkins is one win away from win No. 50 at UW, he would become the second-fastest to 50 wins in UW history, just behind Tippy Dye who reached 50 wins in his first 62 games (1951-53).
• Washington had two freshmen reach double-figure scoring in their debut for the first time since the 2010-11 season with Jaden McDaniels (18) and Isaiah Stewart (15) contributing 10 or more points … the last time this happened in a debut was by Aziz N’Diaye (13) and C.J. Wilcox (13) against McNeese State, Nov. 13, 2010.
• Junior Nahziah Cater is 12 points away from reaching 500 career points following his 23-point showing against Baylor … he now sits at 488 career points.
• Freshmen Isaiah Stewart and Jaden McDaniels accounted for 45 of UW’s 67 points against Baylor between points and assists.
• UW graduated four seniors last season (D. Crisp, N. Dickerson, D. Green, M. Thybulle) and lost sophomore Jaylen Nowell as an early NBA Draft entry … those five accounted for 80.2 percent of UW’s scoring during the 2018-19 season.
• Washington has seven players listed at 6-9 or taller on its roster, the most in the Pac-12.
• Freshmen Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were named to the Wooden Award Preseason Top 50 watch list … Stewart was also selected for the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year watch list.
• During the Huskies’ trip to Italy, freshman Isaiah Stewart averaged 19.5 points and 10.5 rebounds over four games against Italian Series A teams.
•The Dawgs have three players on their roster that have been McDonald’s All-Americans (Stewart, Green, McDaniels), along with all three being ranked in the top 25 in their respective recruiting class nationally.
• The Huskies once again hit the road during non-conference play traveling over 12,000 miles to Alaska, Toronto and Hawaii combined.
• UW faces four teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament a year ago during non-conference action in Baylor (Second Round), Tennessee (Sweet 16), Montana (First Round) and Gonzaga (Elite 8).
• UW 48 wins in two years during its back-to-back 20-win seasons are its most in two years combined since the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.
• Coach Mike Hopkins is the reigning back-to-back Pac-12 Coach of the Year becoming the first league coach to earn the honor in his first two seasons on the job … he is also the second coach in UW history to record 20 or more wins in their first two seasons, joining Tippy Dye (1951-52, 52-53).
• UW was picked to finish third overall in the Pac-12 by media covering the league … additionally, freshman Isaiah Stewart was picked to finish on the Pac-12 First Team while junior Nahziah Carter, sophomore transfer Quade Greenand freshman Jaden McDaniels were selected as honorable mention Preseason All-Pac-12.
You can support DubLife by shopping for the latest Huskies fan gear by clicking on the Fanatics.com “Shop Now” links on the ads seen on our site – When you do, we’ll earn a small commission on each sale. Thanks for your support! Go Dawgs!!