Per The University of Washington Press Release…..
UW wraps up its Bay Area road trip taking on Stanford in Palo Alto on Sunday, March 3, at 1 p.m. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN2 with Dave Feldman and Corey Williams on the call. Additionally, fans can listen to Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast on KOMO 1000 AM/97.7 FM. Washington took the first meeting between the two programs in Seattle last month. The Huskies last won at Maples Pavilion on Jan. 12, 2013 (65-60).The Coach – Mike Hopkins (43-19)
Mike Hopkins is in his second year at UW, and second as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. After spending 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, he oversaw teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. In his first year at UW, Hopkins earned the 2018 Pac-12 Coach of the Year Award while leading the Huskies to a 21-13 record ending in the second round of the NIT.
• UW now has four 1,000 point scorers on its roster at the same time for the first time in program history … Dickerson (1,516), Crisp (1,415), Thybulle (1,186) and Nowell (1,002) … UW is the only team in the nation with four 1K scorers that have reached those points at their current school (no transfers), Nevada has seven 1K scorers on its roster with only one scoring all 1,000 points at Nevada
• Nowell is the fastest player in UW history to reach 600 (38 gms), 700 (43), 800 (50), 900 (56) and 1,000 points (62)
• Washington has had a different leading scorer in each of the last six games.
• Crisp scored a career high 32-points against California, the second 30-point game of his career and tied his career high with 5 made from long distance
• Nowell has led the team in rebounding in nine times this year and has seen his rebounding numbers jump to 5.5 per game from 4.0 a year ago … in league action he is averaging 6.3 rebounds to share the team lead with Noah Dickerson (6.3)
• Nowell’s three-point % has also seen a rise as he is shooting 49.0 from long distance in Pac-12 action
• UW entered the national rankings for the first time since the preseason this week as it is No. 25 in both polls
• Thybulle is the only player since 1992-93 to record both at least 95 steals and 60 blocks in the same season (via SportsReference).
• Washington ranks 23rd in the nation in turnovers forced per game, averaging 16.1 per outing
• UW is holding opponents to just 64.0 points per game overall which is ranked 19th in the NCAA
• Hopkins has led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons in his first two years … the last UW coach to record 20 wins in their first two seasons was Tippy Dye (1951-52, 1952-53)
• Washington’s senior class has combined for 4,730 points, in 496 career games played … should all four play at Stanford, they will have combined for 500 career games.
• UW is the only Pac-12 team that is undefeated at home, boasting a 14-0 mark in Alaska Airlines Arena, additionally, the Huskies have 1,004 program wins in Hec Ed, the most by any Division I school at its current arena in the nation … UW last went undefeated at home for a full season during the 2004-05 campaign
• UW has recorded six conference road wins and hold a 6-1 mark on the road in league action … UW last had six road wins in conference play during the 2011-12 season
• Thybulle is the only active player in Division I to be in the top 25 career rankings in both steals (1st – 302) and blocks (24th – 168)
• UW has reached 13 conference wins for the first time since the 2011-12 season and it’s also the first time since the 2010-11 and 2011-12 that the team has won at least 10 games in league action in back-to-back years
• Crisp is now second all-time in made 3-point FGs in UW history with 242 … the record of 301 is held by C.J. Wilcox (2011-14) … meanwhile Thybulle is now second all-time in UW history in blocks with 168
• Washington is second in the nation in blocked shots, averaging 5.9 per game as a team and are 14th in steals (8.9) per game … only UW and Duke rank in the top 15 nationally in both categories
• Thybulle, a semifinalist for the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year, has a career total of 470 takeaways (blocks and steals combined), which is the most by any of the previous Pac-12 Defensive Players of the Year winners, which has been awarded 14 times in conference history